A favorite Chef, among chefs.
That’s Allen Hess. Known among locals, chefs, and celebrities in the industry as a grounded, innovative spirit with a passion for his family and the ‘Aina (“land”) he calls home. He is modernizing Hawai’i Regional cuisine but preserving its local-source, farm-to-table practices for the future.
Allen is a hands-on ambassador. Hawai’i Regional cuisine is about dining close to the land, experiencing the real Hawai’i- its seasonal tastes and textures. Sometimes it means getting out of the kitchen. He visits farms & ranches, hunts and fishes, builds friendships and immerses guests.
Food Network star Tyler Florence went on his first Boar Hunt. Top Chef Season 6 Winner Michael Voltaggio suited up for Tako (“octopus”) diving. He even invited half a dozen celebrity chefs including Chef Aaron Sanchez and the Bromberg Brothers (Blue Ribbon Restaurants) on the precarious journey down into Waipi’o Valley. A tale documented in the Huffington Post. As one put it, “This guy is one of the best chefs I’ve ever had the privilege of knowing!”
- Le Cordon Blue affiliate – California Culinary Academy, SF Graduate
- Louisiana with Chef John Besh
- [St. Croix, San Diego, & Los Angeles]
- Alan Wong’s Grille, Four Seasons Hualalai, Sous Chef
- Roy’s Waikoloa, Sous Chef
- Merriman’s Waimea, Head Chef
- Mai Bacon, Founder
- Allen’s Table, Waimea, Chef/Owner
- Canoe House, Mauna Lani Bay Hotel & Bungalows, Chef de Cuisine
- Mai Grille by Chef Allen Hess, Waikoloa Beach Resort, Chef/Owner
- AlohaBol, Waikoloa Beach Resort & Waimea, Chef/Owner
- FORC Restaurant, Waimea Town, Kamuela, Chef/Owner
Media & More
If you know Big Island, you know Allen Hess. – Frolic Hawaii
A sensation among the second wave of island chefs. – San Francisco Chronicle
A collective of Hawai‘i’s most celebrated chefs and restaurants have committed to bring local ingredients to the center of the plate. – Hawaii News Now
Recognized by American Culinary Foundation, Kona-Kohala Chapter 2018 for ongoing efforts to perpetuate Hawai’i’s local food culture.
Stay Connected with Allen
Get in Touch, Members of the media are invited to get in touch with Chef’s public relations team by using the contact information below.
Contact by Phone: 808-886-7600 // Address: 69-622 Waikoloa Beach Dr. Waikoloa, HI 96738